Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mission failed

Not that I really had a mission.

Went to the beach this morning to just have a stroll.
Took the 18-70mm lens, trying to give my back a break since there are no birds around yet
(migration still some time off).



Of course, besides the usual Gulls there was one this morning intriguing my interest.
I am 95% sure it was a Redshank. You can't see the red on the photos, but I could at the beach.



Well, I save you the trouble of posting the photo of the 4 UFOS flying by.
They were shorebirds, which, I dunno. No sounds have been made, silent UFOS.
Mpf........ :(

But at least we all had a bunch of fun ;)

From The kids
From The kids

Also a big thanks to you all for your well wishes.
Shoulder is much better, I just have to learn to watch it.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I just love your cute doggies! I am glad your shoulder is feeling better. I always enjoy a walk on the beach birds or no birds, it is relaxing. Great photos, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    Look like Redhank to me, but I am no expert! Looks like your dogs had fun!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you had no mission on the beach, but one came up. If you're paying attention something interesting ALWAYS happens. It's how my hour of outdoor meditation turned into a nature blog. Great dogs. Great top photo with the interesting corners---and the second one with the redshank's peephole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, they look like Redshank to me too.
    Love your dogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pups are enough of a beautiful view for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH sorry I didnt know you were injuried...happy to hear its on the mend..LOVE YOUR BABIES they are so sweet. Super to see a new bird too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize you had a shoulder injury, but I hope you're healing nicely! At least you were able to get out and I'm sure the dogs enjoyed it very much. Best wishes on your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's never a waste of time when you get outdoors with your pups! Keep on getting better and don't overdo (say "yes, mom" ;>)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read you're on the mend. And your pups are so darned cute Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mother Nature, where are you? I'm missing your birdy posts!

    ReplyDelete